Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Home

Up until last night, I had been planning on living in the dorms at Simpson University. John is one of the guys that I went to school with last year. I had called him to see if he wanted to room together somewhere that would be less expensive. He wanted to, but I was not able to find anything in our price range. He called me yesterday and told me that he had found a shared room in a Kiwi's (New Zealander) house for only $212 a month for rent, internet, and utilities. That is enough of a savings that it was totally worth it to loose my $100 deposit to Simpson.

John and I will be sleeping in a room that is built in the garage which is 20 feet from the house. We will have full access to the house too, which we will share with Mike Roach and the rest of his Kiwi family (wife and three little girls). The only down side is that it is about a ten-minute drive from Bethel and fifteen minutes from the Twin View campus where 2nd-year meets. I enjoy biking to school and the longer distance will make that less feasible, especially if I get a job. I am really excited about moving into this place. It is a total God-send and a sign of His provision. Maybe I will post pictures when I get this slow computer set up and running down in Redding.

Ruthie and I will caravan down to Redding Saturday the 5th at 5:30 am.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Buddy! You forgot the downside wherein you live 30 minutes from me! Grrrr. But glad yu are SO happy there :) Can't wait to meet them all!

    ReplyDelete